Job Title: Tourism & Communications Coordinator
Reports To: Okoboji Tourism Director
Mission: To responsibly promote the Iowa Great Lakes to potential and returning visitors.
Summary: Supports efforts of the Okoboji Tourism Committee with the promotion and marketing of area attractions, businesses, and events while cultivating a favorable public image the Iowa Great Lakes area.
- Support efforts in coordination with area marketing and public relations needs.
- Create digital content to tell the story of the Iowa Great Lakes Area.
- Leverage the Vacation Okoboji social media channels to promote area hotels, attractions, restaurants, shopping, and community events.
- Maintain the VacationOkoboji.com site (events, attractions, blogs).
- Support in the creation and publishing of e-newsletters for Vacation Okoboji.
- Coordinate & assist in the mailing and delivery of visitor guides.
- Answer phone and email inquiries regarding tourism activities in the Iowa Great Lakes.
- Assist Tourism Director with the production of the annual visitor guide.
- Assist visitors with finding lodging that best fits their needs and special requests.
- Sustain a database for all tourist inquiries and source for the calls or emails – to determine maximum benefit of advertising dollars spent.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates an ability to represent and promote the area, establishing and maintaining professional work relationships with management, coworkers, committee members, outside organizations, and the public.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement, respect for others, customer orientation, data-driven decisions, positive attitude, innovation, honesty and integrity, creativity, ingenuity, and community involvement.
- Demonstrates an ability to be highly organized, to prioritize work with limited direction, and take initiative during down time.
- A love and appreciation of the Iowa Great Lakes Area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An outstanding working knowledge of Mac operating systems, desktop publishing programs, website development and content management, social media channels, and email.
- Valid Iowa Drivers’ license; some travel required.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and a list of references to Okoboji Tourism Director, Rebecca Peters, at:
Okoboji Tourism Committee
C/O Rebecca Peters
PO Box 215
Okoboji, IA 51355
or drop off at the Okoboji Tourism Committee office located at 243 W. Broadway St., Arnolds Park IA.