Whether you are in town for a music competition or sports tournament you may find yourself with an hour or two to pass so here are some suggestions of where to opens in a new window EAT, opens in a new windowPLAY, and opens in a new windowSHOP! Why not make a weekend out of it and book a night or two in one of our many great hotels which will surely give you a great night SLEEP!
Are you ready for a sit down meal and have some time to spare? Here are some suggestions for grabbing a bite to eat!
- opens in a new windowJimmy John's - two locations: one in Spirit Lake and one in Arnold's Park
- opens in a new windowGodfather's Pizza - buffet available or call ahead place your order and your pizza will be ready when you get there (Located in Spirit Lake and Milford)
- opens in a new windowBob's Drive In- home of the Bob Dog, taverns, chicken sandwiches, fries, malts and so much more (Located in Milford)
- opens in a new windowMinerva's - hand cut steaks, seafood and pasta (Located in Okoboji)
- opens in a new windowOutrigger - dinner menu includes seafood, steak, pasta, pork and chicken (Located in Okoboji)
- opens in a new windowPub 19 Bar and Grill - awesome East Coast Style Pizza; appetizers, burgers, salads, steak and more
- opens in a new windowSmokin Jakes - hickory smoked meats, sandwiches and soup; open late (Located in Arnolds Park)
- opens in a new windowSnappers - open for lunch and dinner for great salads, sandwiches and entrees (Located in Okoboji and close to Spirit Lake Schools)
- opens in a new windowThe Hutt Bar and Grill - breakfast served on the weekends and amazing salads, burgers, and sandwiches (Located in Arnolds Park)
- opens in a new windowTweeter's Bar and Grill - one of the biggest menus in the area; great burgers, steaks, seafood and pasta
- opens in a new windowWaterfront Grille - located in Bridges Bay Resort your stop for brick oven flatbread pizza, fresh seafood, and steaks (Located in Arnolds Park)
Do the siblings along, for the ride, need to burn off some energy or be kept busy for awhile? Here is a listing of places to PLAY in Okoboji.
- opens in a new windowDickinson County Nature Center - Check out the live animals, indoor beehive, kids space and the all new interactive exhibits in the Pollinator Paradise. The best part...it's all FREE!
- opens in a new windowPearson Lakes Art Center - hands on learning at its best in the ArtSMART room where the kids can create and explore themes of the artists creative process.
- opens in a new windowIowa Rock 'n Roll Museum - brand new in 2019 you will be WOWED by this museum as you take a walk down memory lane reading, remembering, listening and tapping your toe to the songs of yesterday.
- opens in a new windowKurio Kastle - is a paint your own pottery studio that let's your inner artist out and is just good creative fun!
- opens in a new windowBoji Splash Water Park at Bridges Bay is fun for the whole family! Jet down the tube slide, float the lazy river and grab a snack at the Pickled Parrot Cantina. You can also play games at the amazing all new arcade.
- opens in a new windowBedell Family YMCA - run off some energy, swim or tackle the climbing wall! Daily fee required or reciprocal YMCA membership
- opens in a new windowOkoboji Classic Car Museum- fun for all ages as you step back in time and admire the wide variety of cars through the ages and the amazing murals depicting vintage storefronts of the area.
- opens in a new windowLakes Ice Arena - enjoy indoor ice skating during Friday and Saturday Night Open Skate nights.
- opens in a new windowCorner Lanes - bowl a frame or two and have a bite to eat.
- Movie Theaters - catch the latest movies at opens in a new windowGreat Lakes Cinema 7 or the all leather recliner, opens in a new windowMilford Pioneer Theater.
No matter the reason for the trip, no trip, is complete without doing some shopping!!
- opens in a new windowAllure & Co. downtown Spirit Lake carries amazing and unique furniture, home decor, women's clothing and a great selection of workout / activewear.
- opens in a new windowGreat Lakes Mall is your one stop shopping in the Iowa Great Lakes. There is a store for every age group and home decor you can't find just anywhere!
- opens in a new windowMary's Gift Shoppe is freshly reset and known for kitchen gadgets galore, trendy clothing, purses, home decor and gourmet foods.
- opens in a new windowHomeology in Arnolds Park specializes in making your house a home with a wide assortment of home deco, gourmet foods, as well as women's clothing, shoes, jewelry and purses.
- opens in a new windowWest Boutique located in Okoboji offers a wide selection of denim, shoes and trendy tops and dresses as well as over 200 styles of designer swimsuits.
- opens in a new windowThe Three Sons in Milford is the official University of Okoboji outfitter and a must stop shopping experience while in the area! Check out the second level for GREAT sale prices!
Now that you know how much there is to see and do in Okoboji maybe you will just want to make a weekend of it and STAY for a night or two!
- opens in a new windowAmericinn - indoor pool, complimentary breakfast
- opens in a new windowArrowwood Resort -indoor pool, complimentary breakfast; Minerva's restaurant
- opens in a new windowBridges Bay Resort - indoor waterpark; Water's Edge Restaurant and Blue Water flatbread pizza
- opens in a new windowOkoboji Inn and Suites - complimentary breakfast
- opens in a new windowRamada - indoor pool, complimentary breakfast
- opens in a new windowRodeway Inn - indoor pool, complimentary breakfast
- opens in a new windowSuper 8 - complimentary breakfast
- opens in a new windowThe Inn Hotel - Restaurant on site
- opens in a new windowVillage West Resort - Indoor pool, restaurant onsite