Whether you are in town for a music competition or sports tournament you may find yourself with an hour or two to pass so here are some suggestions of where to EAT, PLAY, and SHOP! Why not make a weekend out of it and book a night or two in one of our many great hotels which will surely give you a great night SLEEP!
Are you ready for a sit down meal and have some time to spare? Here are some suggestions for grabbing a bite to eat!
- Jimmy John's - two locations: one in Spirit Lake and one in Arnold's Park
- Pizza Ranch - all you can eat salad, pizza and chicken buffet, need we say more! (Located in Spirit Lake)
- Godfather's Pizza - buffet available or call ahead place your order and your pizza will be ready when you get there (Located in Spirit Lake and Milford)
- Bob's Drive In- home of the Bob Dog, taverns, chicken sandwiches, fries, malts and so much more (Located in Milford)
- Dry Dock Lounge - breakfast served on the weekends and great burgers and steaks all weekend long (Located in Arnolds Park)
- Minerva's - hand cut steaks, seafood and pasta (Located in Okoboji)
- Outrigger - dinner menu includes seafood, steak, pasta, pork and chicken (Located in Okoboji)
- Pub 19 Bar and Grill - awesome East Coast Style Pizza; appetizers, burgers, salads, steak and more
- Smokin Jakes - hickory smoked meats, sandwiches and soup; open late (Located in Arnolds Park)
- Snappers - open for lunch and dinner for great salads, sandwiches and entrees (Located in Okoboji and close to Spirit Lake Schools)
- The Hutt Bar and Grill - breakfast served on the weekends and amazing salads, burgers, and sandwiches (Located in Arnolds Park)
- Tweeter's Bar and Grill - one of the biggest menus in the area; great burgers, steaks, seafood and pasta
- Water's Edge Grill - located in Bridges Bay Resort your stop for brick oven flatbread pizza, fresh seafood, and steaks (Located in Arnolds Park)
Do the siblings along, for the ride, need to burn off some energy or be kept busy for awhile? Here is a listing of places to PLAY in Okoboji.
- Dickinson County Nature Center - Check out the live animals, indoor beehive, kids space and the all new interactive exhibits in the Pollinator Paradise. The best part...it's all FREE!
- Pearson Lakes Art Center - hands on learning at its best in the ArtSMART room where the kids can create and explore themes of the artists creative process.
- Iowa Rock 'n Roll Museum - brand new in 2019 you will be WOWED by this museum as you take a walk down memory lane reading, remembering, listening and tapping your toe to the songs of yesterday.
- Kurio Kastle - is a paint your own pottery studio that let's your inner artist out and is just good creative fun!
- Boji Splash Water Park at Bridges Bay is fun for the whole family! Jet down the tube slide, float the lazy river and grab a snack at the Pickled Parrot Cantina.
- Bedell Family YMCA - run off some energy, swim or tackle the climbing wall! Daily fee required or reciprocal YMCA membership
- Okoboji Classic Car Museum- fun for all ages as you step back in time and admire the wide variety of cars through the ages and the amazing murals depicting vintage storefronts of the area.
- Boji Bay Ice Arena - enjoy indoor ice skating during Friday and Saturday Night Open Skate nights.
- Corner Lanes - bowl a frame or two and have a bite to eat.
- Movie Theaters - catch the latest movies at Great Lakes Cinema 7 or the all leather recliner, Milford Pioneer Theater.
No matter the reason for the trip, no trip, is complete without doing some shopping!!
- Allure & Co. downtown Spirit Lake carries amazing and unique furniture, home decor, women's clothing and a great selection of workout / activewear.
- Great Lakes Mall is your one stop shopping in the Iowa Great Lakes. There is a store for every age group and home decor you can't find just anywhere!
- Mary's Gift Shoppe is freshly reset and known for kitchen gadgets galore, trendy clothing, purses, home decor and gourmet foods.
- Homeology in Arnolds Park specializes in making your house a home with a wide assortment of home deco, gourmet foods, as well as women's clothing, shoes, jewelry and purses.
- West Boutique located in Okoboji offers a wide selection of denim, shoes and trendy tops and dresses as well as over 200 styles of designer swimsuits.
- The Three Sons in Milford is the official University of Okoboji outfitter and a must stop shopping experience while in the area! Check out the second level for GREAT sale prices!
Now that you know how much there is to see and do in Okoboji maybe you will just want to make a weekend of it and STAY for a night or two!
- Americinn - indoor pool, complimentary breakfast
- Arrowwood Resort -indoor pool, complimentary breakfast; Minerva's restaurant
- Bridges Bay Resort - indoor waterpark; Water's Edge Restaurant and Blue Water flatbread pizza
- Okoboji Inn and Suites - complimentary breakfast
- Ramada - indoor pool, complimentary breakfast
- Rodeway Inn - indoor pool, complimentary breakfast
- Super 8 - complimentary breakfast
- The Inn Hotel - Beach Club restaurant onsite
- Village West Resort - Indoor pool, restaurant onsite